Oversees Youth Center activities for youth ages 8-18 during after school hours. Provides a safe and professional environment for children, youth, volunteers, staff and visiting guests that promotes the values of the organization. Leads or delegates a variety of youth programming. Provides social enrichment activities, educational mentoring, life skills and prevention classes to meet grant requirements. Implements a holistic methodology with the focus to help youth break the cycle of generational poverty and draw students closer to God. Plans, coordinates, and monitors youth outcomes and success stories. Also leads the effort to include City on a Hill in city-wide initiatives focused on positive youth development and partners with UNCOM and similar organizations to increase City on a Hill’s efficacy and visibility. Duties will also include training and supervising personnel (staff, trainees, and volunteers), establishing work schedules, coordinating with outside vendors/agencies, and developing and managing annual budgets.
1. Providing a safe, positive environment for youth ages 8-18 by managing the Youth Center after school programs
2. Providing educational mentoring by managing the Educational Advancement Program
3. Overseeing and managing all data & success story collection for after school programs
4. Engaging in Community Outreach & Networking
5. Participating in team efforts involving other youth programming
6. Serving in a management role and a member of the Operations Team
Reports to Operations Director who in turn reports to Executive Director. Supervises several Youth Workers, a Van Driver, one Summer Intern, several Youth Trainees, numerous Youth Center volunteers and Marquette Service Learning students. Also provides work direction to the Family & Children Coordinator.
Please submit cover letter, resume & salary history to:
Adrian Hernandez, Operations Supervisor: email@example.com